The role of the Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. A typical Accounts Payable job description also highlights the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
• Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
• Prepares non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
• Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
• Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
• Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
• Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
• Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
• Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
• Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
• Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven work experience as an Account payable senior accountant for two years at least.
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas).
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data.
- Team management skills.
- Accounting certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
Accounting or Finance.
Interested candidates can send their resume to [email protected] indicating vacancy title in the subject line of message.